It was a dark and almost stormy night.

Evon :: RPG

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

It was a dark and almost stormy night. - Page 2 Empty Re: It was a dark and almost stormy night.

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Mal took his seat and nodded at Jasmine's question while chuffing and smiling at the same time. "Indeed. We served together a long time ago in Lord Vladimer's forces against the Black Knives. He was my superior NCO and I was a young fuzz-butt fresh from the mountains thinking I could whip the world."

Smiling at Markus as he hustled over with a steaming basket of rolls and two glasses filled with sparkling water. "Markus, in a kind and fatherly way, took me behind the mess tent and proceeded to beat the stripes off of me!"

Snorting loudly Markus replied "Oi, Tis truth he is speaking to you young pretty lady friend of old dog. However, such hard headed is this on I am breaking paw upon thick skull!!" Both of them shared a laugh about the long ago incident. "Why you are forgetting manners stupid dog cub. You ashamed of old Markus and not introduce?"

Grinning and showing off his sabers at the dog remark..." Indeed not you misspawned offspring of a decrepid rug and a badger, This fine young lady is Jasmine. Jasmine, this pathetic old rug goes by the name of Markus, who sometimes is able to serve food with out his balding hair falling in."

"HA!!!" slapping Mal on the back loudly and actually moving his large frame some, "It is pleasure to be meeting you young Jasmine. My home is your home and you are finding that I do cook well. SO...who is eating tonight? You tell me I am making yes?"

Last edited by Warmfurrytiger on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

It was a dark and almost stormy night. - Page 2 Empty Re: It was a dark and almost stormy night.

Post  MojoRover on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 pm

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Markus. You certainly know how to make a lady feel at home."

Jasmine then looked up at Mal and smiled.

"Mal, could you recommend an entree to order? After all, this is my first time in this fine dining establishment."
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

It was a dark and almost stormy night. - Page 2 Empty Of Bounty Hunters and Barmaids.

Post  Chakat Stripedfur on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:31 am

((OOC: I know, and I'm sorry about that. The winter weather I'm having is playing hell with my allergies, not to mention my sleep schedule, but I'll try to be more active from now on.))

Korin took the picture and examined it, and was a little surprised to see Evon. He expected maybe Herodontus, or someone like that. But then, Evon had been getting some attention lately, especially from other wizards. Handing the picture back to her, Korin nodded. "I may have seen her. What's the reward?" He failed to mention that he was a bounty hunter as well, but that wasn't something she needed to know yet.

He looked up as the barkeep brought the refills, and took a sip of his mead as the raccoon handed Utah her drink, thanking the barkeep then turning his attention back to the fox. While she replied, he studied her. On first glance she might look like your typical vixen, but he saw a well-traveled woman who was used to the hardships of the road. She looked like she could use a new cloak though, but then again so could he. Bounty hunting wasn't paying as well as it used to, unfortunately. And of course the irony of this situation was, he had been contacted for the very same job that she had; but turned it down. Fortunately he had some other work, so he wasn't exactly starving, but he was hoping to get back into the bounty hunting business. His life was a bit slow, and he could use the excitement of the hunt again. He missed tracking down his prey.

Last edited by Chakat Stripedfur on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor text correction)
Chakat Stripedfur
Chakat Stripedfur

http://chakat-stripedfur.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:21 am

Snorting and looking towards is old friend "Oh please do not over compliment the bear rug...he can barely waddle through his own doors now. I would hate to see his head inflate as much as his behind."

"If you are willing, the forest stew is usually very good and filling. It has a meat or sometimes two with a few different types of green things that I try not to think about. Not spicy at all, but some pepper can be added if your request it. He was serious though, he will make you what ever you want. If he doesn't know it, I would be surprised." Mal takes a slice of bread, butters it and has that along with his water.
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

It was a dark and almost stormy night. - Page 2 Empty Of Bounty Hunters and Barmaids.

Post  MojoRover on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:31 pm

(ooc): That's ok. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time, just letting you know that I haven't forgotten your character in this scene. Hope you're feeling better now, Chakat.

"I believe the bounty is 100 gold coins, dead or alive," Utah said as the vixen finished her drink before accepting a refill. "But in all my years of bounty hunting, I have NEVER brought in a dead body to collect my pay. I pride myself in bringing my quarry in alive, as I intend to do with this young bear cub. You have seen her? Where exactly did you spot this vandal?"

As she took another sip, Utah took a closer look at Korin. From her many years of traveling, she could tell that he was also someone who was no stranger to the perils of the road. Usually, the red furred vixen was on her guard when meeting new people, but for some reason, she felt more at ease with Korin. He had a kind face and a gentle manner to him. It wasn't often Utah met a male who wasn't trying to kill her, bed her, attack her or rob her. A playful smile came across her face, a rarity for the battle-hardened vixen.

MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  MojoRover on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 pm

The young skunkette reached for a piece of bread and began to butter it, listening to Mal's suggestion.

"Forest stew sounds very appetitizing to me," she said before taking a bite of her bread. "Ah! This bread is quite fresh! In many of the dining establishments I've eaten at along the road, the bread found in them was either stale at best, or a little moldy at worst. At one such place in a nearby village, their bread was so rotten that even the mice racing across the floor refused to partake of it. I must compliment the baker who prepares such delightful bread!"

Jasmine tried not to look like she was hungry, but yet in the course of a few minutes, she had almost emptied the breadbasket at the table. The truth was, she had eaten little in the past few days. She had been tracking her fellow bounty hunter Utah Bard, knowing she probably had a better lead on Evon than she did. But all thoughts of searching for the bruin girl seemed like a distant memory. The young skunk was enthralled by both Mal and the wonderful bread she was eating. The prospect of having a full meal made her forget for the moment her rivalry with the older vixen.
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Markus beamed "Ahhh...see Mal, you have intelligent young lady friend with you. She knows to compliment chef and not growl at food and gulp down. She is keeper cubling!" Turning towards Jasmine "You like...I bring you more...and then stew. I go..I come back." With that he hustled off towards the kitchen barking orders.

Mal smiles softly at Jasmine "You've made a friend for life. He loves to cook more than anyone I've ever known." Taking a sip of his water and settling into his chair, Mal thoughtfully looks at his glass watching the firelight play off of it. "Tell me if you would, more about your life. If I am probing to much then tell me that. Your interesting and I would like to know more about you."
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Chakat Stripedfur on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:01 pm

OOC: I'm going to go to sleep, but I'll check for posts again when I get up.

Korin smirked "Vandal? I haven't heard her being described as such before. I heard she was a thief, something about stealing some magical book or other that didn't belong to her, but I haven't heard her called a vandal yet. Have you heard anything recently to that affect, or is that just the usual rumor-spreading going around by the common folk to increase interest? Then again, it could be rumors spread by rival wizards. They do tend to be a jealous lot, and don't like newcomers showing off and taking their clientele. Almost as arrogant as Sorcerers, though not quite." Korin didn't mention that he knew from experience, having once attended a Sorcerer's School; albeit a life time ago.

"As to where I've seen her, well, I'm afraid I cannot tell you. Call it professional courtesy, in regards to my current employer and to my position with him. If you were to find her somewhere other than where she currently is, well, there's nothing I could be expected to do about that." he smiled "But if you were to attempt to apprehend her at her current location, I'd be honor-bound to stop you; as would my employer, I'm sure. And you seem like a nice enough woman, so I'd rather not have that scenario happen."

Taking another drink from his flagon, he motioned for the barkeep again. While he was waiting for the young raccoon to finish with another customer and get to him, he continued his conversation with the other bounty hunter. "What I will tell you, though, is that from what I've heard she's a fairly powerful - if a bit untrained - wizard, as well as being guarded by a man who's quite adept with a blade, so if I were you I'd be careful in my pursuit. But that's enough business talk for now. I'm getting rather hungry, and I imagine you could eat as well, so how about joining me for dinner?"
Chakat Stripedfur
Chakat Stripedfur

Back to top Go down

Post  MojoRover on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:46 pm

Jasmine could be seen blushing under her facial fur when Markus spoke of her as being 'a keeper'.

"Markus is a great chef, Mal. Oh my, I've eaten most of the bread! I am sorry about that. I don't mind talking about myself, I do not often get the opportunity. Where do I begin? I was born in a small village not far from here. It was there when I was barely able to walk that (swallows hard) the accident took place that severed most of my tail. My parents loved and cared deeply for me, but all of my life I faced ridicule and scorn due to my short tail. Grown ups in my home village stared at me, my schoolmates belittled me and most of the townfolk scorned my family because of me. On my fourteenth birthday, to save my parents further shunning, I ran away from home. I took odd jobs, traveling from town to town until I decided to take up bounty hunting. At first, no one took me serious until I singlehandly captured the rogue Baron Nartas three years ago. After I collected that bounty, people began to look at me with fear. I was still being scorned, but at least now there was a better reason to shun me than my odd shaped tail. I became known as Streak the Bold, due to my agressiveness in my craft. Finding and bringing Evon in would be my biggest bounty since the Baron. Enough of my story, noble Mal. I pray thee, tell me more about yourself."
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

It was a dark and almost stormy night. - Page 2 Empty Re: Of Bounty Hunters and Barmaids.

Post  MojoRover on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Utah looked quite surprised at Korin's offer. Few other males who were sober or had no business dealing with her ever approached her let alone offered to share a meal with her. Usually the red vixen would be suspicious of this type of generosity, but something was different about Korin. Utah admired the way he spoke boldly, and spoke words of truth. She felt safe with the dashing gentleman.

"Perhaps the term vandal was a poor choice of words on my part, my apologies," she said, finishing her drink. "Thank you for your professional courtesy. And I accept your very generous offer to join you for dinner. Maybe it would be best if we cease discussion of, business, while we dined. Are we to dine here or at another place?"
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:37 am

"Don't worry about the bread, Markus will bring as much as you like." Mal stretched and tilted his neck from side to side mrring. "I didn't realize and I continue to be surprised how people can be cruel about the most shallow of things. I see nothing wrong with you and I agree with Markus, you are attractive. I admire your intensity" He flashes a quick grin her way

Settling back into his chair still mrrring "But my story...I come from my clan's homelands far to the east in the mountains. When I had passed the ayastigi...The trials... I bid my family fare thee well, packed my pack and headed west. I have always wanted to see what was around the next mountain side and forest and who lived there, what they were like and how they lived. It was when I made my way into this kingdom that I met Markus who was recruiting for Lord Vladimer. Since I am somewhat a large individual and have no ties, I joined. We served for five years and were released after our last battle with the invading Black Knives. Since then I followed Markus to his homeland here and live outside of the town hunting for furs and meats for the local vendors. Markus is always on to me about living in town but I do not like the walls or so many people crowded together. So once in awhile, I come in to barter for my needs and to take in any special orders. Markus has been kind enough to help me with other things such as learning to read and how to behave in polite society as he calls it." Chuffing softly and smiling "Personally, I think there are to many rules to this Polite Society, but I try for Markus." Looking back at Jasmine "Thank you for Joining me for my evening meal. Your most kind to do so with such a backward person."
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

Post  MojoRover on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:59 am

The more Jasmine listened, the more intrigued she became with the handsome Mal. Desire started to burn within her, but she tried very hard not to show it. She didn't come to this town looking for love, but now she was starting to find it.

"It is I who thank you for treating me to a meal in this wonderful establishment. We seem to have a common past, each of us leaving home to venture out on our own. So you and Markus have been friends for quite a while, that speaks well of both of you. I have never had such a friend myself. Ever since I left home, I have been a loner. The life of a bounty hunter is a lonely existance."

After she spoke those words, Jasmine looked up into Mal's eyes.

"Thank you for not shunning me, Mal, and for all your kindness."
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Mrring softly and bowing his head towards Jasmine somewhat speechless. He wasn't used to being able to speak his heart so openly. Even though he did not consider her profession to be one of someone who wishes to live a long life, the thought of someone actually doing Jasmine harm, caused his tail to lash and a deep growl, which he caught, to begin to rumble. He was surprised at his feelings and would proceed to study them more if they continued. But for now he was with someone who touched his heart. He wasn't about to start over thinking the situation.

"I have asked you why you are a bounty hunter and you answered me for which I thank you. Have you no thought however for anything else? I would ask, what do you enjoy doing? What brings that lovely smile to your face when you do it? Maybe if you think about it, you would find something that you would like to do and at the same time be profitable. I agree that criminals should be brought to justice and I applaud your pursuit of them."

He paused and lowered his eyes looking at his glass again. "I apologize. I am intruding into your way of life to much. I believe the term is...sticking my noise where it does not belong? Must be from small young cubs. None the less I am sorry...."
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

Post  MojoRover on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:50 pm

"Please, no need to apologize," Jasmine said as she instinctively reached for his paw to hold. "You are very kind to ask me such questions, Mal."

When she realized their paws were touching, the skunkette's face blushed red beneath her fur again, but she fought the urge to pull her paw away. It just felt right to her at that moment.

"Truthfully, Mal, I never gave it much thought. I, used to enjoy singing and playing the lute. I still carry a small lute with me. Learned to play it by watching and listening to the roving minstrel in my village. But how could one earn a living with song? Especially a lady skunk without a beautiful long tail..."

Jasmine tried not to sob, but a few tears fell from her eyes before she regained her composure.

"Oh, sorry, didn't mean to.... I mean.... " she muttered, looking very nervous and sad.
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Mal swallowed as her paw touched his. His heart began to feel as if it were trying to pound through his chest. Seeing her tear, with a slow and gentle swipe of his thumb, he brushed it away and looking into her eyes leaned in to inhale the scent from it.

Mrring softly he asked "Would you one day please play a song for me?"

Markus returned with the bowls of steaming stew and seeing the two young people looking deeply at each other, quietly placed the meal before them and walked back into the kitchen. Thinking to himself it is a good thing that the young tiger has found someone to share his life's path with. After all he had been through and seeing things that should not have to be seen. The bear walked back into the kitchen and promptly gave his wife a quick twirl and dipped her into a deep kiss.

"You old fool!!!" She looked at him. However seeing the grin on his face, stroked his grey muzzle and walked to the doors peering out into the dining room "Ahhh....Finally!!! I thought the boy would walk alone forever. It is good thing that he has notcied that there is more to life than hunting and such. I make special dessert for the two. Now get to work you old loafer and maybe after close we continue this discussion you start yes?"
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

Post  MojoRover on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Mal's simple request touched Jasmine deep within.

"Of course I would sing for you, Mal," she said, a smile returning to her face. "Oh! Our stew is here. We should probably eat before it gets cold."

The hungry skunkette backed away and reached for her spoon.

"This food smells wonderful! I can see why you recommended it!"
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanking all the Holy ones for this repast and a chance to both enjoy a meal as well as get his heart back into it's proper place and not in his throat, Mal merely smiled and nodded then dug in.

Without trying to be overly noticeable, Mal copied Jasmines moves just a little behind her. He wasn't used to eating with a female and he did not want her to be put off by his lack of manners. Usually he would have picked up the bowl and swallowed until it was gone, but he used the spoon and took small sips and bites.
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

Post  MojoRover on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:39 pm

"This is the best stew I've ever had!" Jasmine shouted, savoring every bite. "My Mal, you certainly are well mannered. Some men I've met would've just took the bowl and dumped it all into their mouths in one shot."

After she spoke, her eyes met his one more. She tried to look away, but couldn't take her eyes off of the dashing stranger. She smiles as she reached over for another slice of bread.

"This is such a wonderful diner! Thanks again for bringing me here!"
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 am

Mal almost choked a little when he heard her remark about bolting his dinner down, but managed to cover it by wiping his mouth with the table linen and sipping a little bit of water.

"I'm glad you enjoy it. Do you have a place to stay tonight? If not I could ask Markus if he still has any rooms for you to use while your in town."

Last edited by Warmfurrytiger on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Chakat Stripedfur on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:33 am

OOC: Crap, I completely overlooked this. I was wondering if you'd ever get back to me, when I looked up and saw that you had actually replied two posts down from me. ~head-desks~

Korin bowed his head in response. "No need to worry about it, it happens all the time. As to where we can eat, well, I'm sure they have decent food here. I am, unfortunately, new to this area. My home actually lies several miles to the north-west of here, so I do not know of any local restaurants. Unless you know of some, perhaps? Barring that, the only other thing I can think of would be for me to fly you there, but I don't know how you would feel about something like that." Korin motioned for the raccoon once again, who was a bit reluctant to move until he saw the bag of gold in Korin's hand. Putting on a practiced smile, the barkeep walked swiftly over to the table.

"Yes sir, is there anything else?"

Korin returned the smile. "Nothing for the moment, I just wanted to settle my bill. I think this should suffice." he said, tossing the bag to the raccoon.

The raccoon nodded.
"If you require anything else, sir, please notify me." and, taking the small bag of gold coins, the raccoon returned to the bar to wait on other customers.
Chakat Stripedfur
Chakat Stripedfur

Back to top Go down

Post  MojoRover on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:54 am

OOC: It's ok, Chakat. On our thread, I'll keep my replies labeled " Of Bounty Hunters and Barmaids" to distinguish it from the other thread.

Utah's eyes grew huge when she saw the bag of coins Korin carried. She hadn't seen so many coins together since the last big bounty she claimed over a year ago. She smiled when Korin offered to fly her to another diner.

"I too am a stranger to this village, we could dine here if you like. No need to go somewhere else when we are already in familiar surroundings."

The vixen couldn't help but stare at Korin. She admired his kind face and gentle manner. Few men ever considered that beneath her stern exterior, the famous bounty hunter Utah Bard was a woman, a woman who longed for a meaningful relationship with a strong, rugged guy. She didn't want to scare Korin and tried her best to hide her growing feeling of attraction towards him.
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  MojoRover on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:59 am

"Your friend Markus has lodging available here? Yes, yes indeed I do need a place to stay for the night."

Jasmine smiled even wider. She admired the way Mal didn't simply demand that she share his bed with him. That is the true mark of a gentleman, she thought. Now her desire to be with him grew. She had a level of trust for him that few other people (male or female) has ever attained. No longer able to resist, she reached out her paws across the table to hold his as she said in her sweetest, gentlest voice. "Thank you."

MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Mal shyly smiled and took her paws into his own. "It is my pleasure to be able to help you out Jasmine." Markus reappeared from the kitchen bearing a plate with small turnovers on them.

"Here is something nice and light to finish off meal. My wife, Bella, she is making these especially for the two of you." Markus says as he removes their bowls and places the plate between them. "Markus, Jasmine is new to town and would require a room. Would you have one for her?" Mal asked as he offered a turnover to Jasmine.

"But of course. Nice clean room, and Bella will go now and put nice clean sheet and blanket down for her. You eat these and we will get room ready." Bella, a stout black bear, exited from the kitchen carrying sheets and blankets, waved to Jasmine and Mal and scurried up the stairs.
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

Post  MojoRover on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:08 pm

"Thank you, Markus, for everything," Jasmine said, waving back at Bella as she began to eat her turnover. "This looks delicious! This is the best meal I've had in a very long time, and the best company I've had too."

As she ate, the young skunkette kept glancing up at Mal. Jasmine was amazed at her good fortune. She came to this village searching for a bounty, and found more than she ever dreamed possible.
MojoRover
MojoRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmfurrytiger on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Mal smiled down at his new found friend. He wondered if this friendship had the possibility to lead to something deeper but would continue to bide. A hasty hunter usually ended up with nothing... remembering from his lessons in his youth. He wondered if his elders knew these feelings and if they would have had any wisdom to impart. He doubted it. The elders were never young.

"I'm glad you've agreed to stay. I also take a room here when I'm in town. Although...."Mal lowered his voice just for her ears " The beds are somewhat...small for my frame. I usually end up sleeping on the floor anyways. I'm used to it and I can stretch out better. Don't tell please.."Grinning at her shyly Mal leaned back into the chair.

"After the meal would you like to stay in by the fire or walk off our dinner?"
Warmfurrytiger
Warmfurrytiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next